Friday, February 16, 2007

Baby Making

So on Tuesday I saw the Perinatologist, Dr. Ney.

Talk about EXCITING.

I spoke to a genetic counselor, Rachel, who disclosed information about the miscarriage like why it may have happened, and what they would like to do with me (genetic testing).

Apparently, there were two distinctly different sets of chromosomes - one for a boy, and one for a girl. TWINS. Yep, you got it! And from what they can tell, the boy had some extra undetermined genetic material and it screwed it up for that fetus's development. And, as all boys can be, he was naughty, and caused the pregnancy to term for himself and the female fetus around 6 weeks.

I know, you're probably thinking I should be sad, right? Well, I was. This was way back in October/ November that I went through this. I had some time to grieve, and then I got over it. There was no way my body could have pulled me out of pneumonia AND kept the pregnancy going... so it terminated on it's own. Viola. Miscarriage.

Still, the point of the story is that there were TWINS!!!! :) Excitement and incredulity bubbled inside me as I talked to Dr. Ney later and she approved me to get ready to start conceiving; just advising me to keep on with the generic prenatal vitamins, get some Omega 3, Vitamin C, and extra Calcium supplements and I should be good to go.

See. *sticks tongue out at disbelievers* Who said you can't be fat AND healthy? :P

Anyways... we got the green light both from Dr. Weinshel and Dr.Ney. We are a-go.

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!