Monday, February 5, 2007

This caught my eye

This article on MSNBC.com caught my eye and just about made me cry.

Seems people lost their lives senselessly because no one wanted to be made or look for the company to be made accountable for a malfunctioning device. Granted, nothing is ever perfect, but C'MON guys!

My dad was a firefighter on the Vandenburg AFB in Vandenburg, CA for about a decade before heading on and becoming a contractor for NASA. I still have my dad's huge red protectant helmet. He passed away several years ago, about 12 now, but I'm sure he didn't have half of the gadgets they do now. He was lucky, I guess, though I'd never heard him tell his stories.

A firefighter is a firefighter is a firefighter. They all deserve at least a working device to assist in saving their lives.


Grrr...

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!