Tuesday, February 6, 2007

What I did this weekend

Dave worked. I chilled with Alli, watching "The Sound of Music" amongst other family favorites of her choice. Yes, my daughter likes musicals. I can't help it.

Dave and I had the best weekend we've had in a long time - so good in fact, I apparently suffered a *ahem* "sports injury" as we like to call it. *giggles*

Well, my leg has been hurting on and off since our activities this weekend, and it started to worry me as it seemed similar to my previous experiences with DVTs (deep vein thrombosis - translation: blood clots); my left leg is slightly swollen by half a centimeter more than my right, and there's a certain tautness in the back of my calf....

So I dragged Dave and Alli with me to the ER for moral support tonight. We arrived there around 6:45pm and left none the worse for wear about 9:50pm, tucking Alli into bed by 10:05.

The docs performed an ultrasound on my leg to verify there were no DVTs - after waiting for a while. Honestly, I was cool with it - we packed some coloring books and markers for Alli to keep her occupied - and there were sicker people than I waiting to be seen. I heard something about a car accident at one point.

Anyways... the doc pronounced me fine - making sure to state it's 85% reliable. Geeze. That makes me feel better.

And the standard line "Go back to your doctor if you feel any changes for the worse, yada yada yada...."

So now, we are home. I've learned 2 things: always bring snacks to the ER, and don't try to be too active all in one weekend. hehehehe.

3 comments:

beckah said...

what this teacehs us is to S-T-R-E-A-C-H pre-extra curricular activities. *giggles*

Jenn said...

haha! This is what i'd like to refer to as S.R.I's. Please use your acronymagination. There are stories. None of which i will post here :)

Suburban Witch said...

*ROFL*

Wedding

Read Me!