Sunday, February 11, 2007

I Am Grace Itself in Motion

On Monday I know I reported that I'd gone to the ER and they did the ultrasound to
see if I had any blood clots and that came back negative which is a good thing.

However, on Wednesday, just as my leg was feeling somewhat better, I biffed it in the parking lot and now have a huge raspberry on my right knee.

Yep, that's me, Miss Graceful.

I was walking out of work, la de da de da, being careful not to slip and fall and sure enough, my foot went out from under me and I landed on my right knee with my left leg at God knows what angle. I popped right back up as others in the parking lot were asking me if I was okay, calling out that I was fine, and that getting out stains is what Shout is for.

Upright once again, I was walking even more gingerly the next two steps, and fell flat on my arse again. Five stinkin' feet from my van... and I was just about ready to crawl. I made myself get up again and slowly trudged to the van. Once inside I pulled up my pant leg and saw the damage; sliced skin around the edges, missing skin in the middle bigger than the size of a silver dollar.

I drove home with my pant leg rolled up and blood dripping down my leg in a thin stream.

So fast forward to today - Sunday - my left leg has still been hurting, and I am almost certain that this can be attributed to my ungracious spill. It doesn't have the standard clot feeling of a never ending 'charley horse', but the muscles are definitely sore. Tylenol or Alleve helps with the soreness so I'm not too terribly worried right now. Just resting up.

Tomorrow I get to see Dr. Weinshel, my new Hematologist. We'll see what evil mad-scientist tests he wants to run on me. And yes, I'll make sure he knows about my leg.

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!