Friday, February 16, 2007

How was your Valentine's Day?

I didn't think Dave got me anything - and seriously, I would have been fine if he hadn't because of something he said the other night.

We were sitting on the couch together, snuggling, and watching that awesome USA cable show, "Monk".

Dave turns to me and says, "You're my Trudy." My heart seriously melted right then and there. He goes, "No, seriously, if something happened to you, I'd turn into him," he pointed at the actor Tony Shalhoub working as Mr. Monk on the TV.

Anyone who's seen "Monk" knows that the title character is basically OCD to the Nth degree and cannot shake hands, is afraid of milk, and a whole host of other neuroses. His wife Trudy was a reporter who was killed in a car bomb attack more than a decade ago in TV world and it drove Monk over the edge to the parody of humanity he appears as in the show.

I thought that was just the sweetest thing coming from Dave. Awwww.

But still, the boy did FAR more than I expected. He had some beautiful, gorgeous red roses sent to me from Calyx & Carola florists to my work. And then when I got home, he had the ever-traditional Vermont Teddy Bear waiting for me. This year he got me
a pirate bear we decided to name "Scurvey"

A nice, quiet dinner with Alli, and then a couple hours of uninterrupted...TV. Yes, we watched television and then passed out around 10:30pm. I still wasn't feeling well and my leg was bothering me. More on that in the next post.

Still, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day. :)

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!