Friday, February 23, 2007

"And sometimes.... you touch..."

Now, I am typing up this posting before the next simply because I just watched Grey's Anatomy from Thursday night. (Remember, long live the DVR!)

First off: OHMYGOD. Meredith's mom died. You knew of course Meredith was going to make it, right? I did. I was more interested in what happened in her afterlife as I had seen the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Denny) at the end of the last episode and was just like "WFT?!"

Okay so...the entire episode, you know they are trying to draw it out as long as they can for Meredith to be out without brain damage. I had to laugh at the way Christina handled it though - as far as going to the $1 store and buying a whole bunch of crap for 99 cents each. It had me chuckling... and then I realized how messed up her character is. I suppose watching your father bleed out during a car accident might do that to you.

And then there was the mysterious pregnant patient who was crushed by the pylon. Who is this person? Is this going to be like Izzy's Denny love of her life situation? Hrm...ring line but no ring? Questions, questions.

The thing that kinda pisses me off is Izzy's constant badgering of Callie and George's marriage. I get how Callie ticked off Izzy by acting like she knew Meredith, but I think Callie was more interested in convincing herself and others that Meredith *would* get through this without an issue.

However, Callie PISSED me off when she basically told Izzy to back off and something along the lines of how people around Izzy were dropping like flies. How heart-breaking! :(

The most poignant moments were:
*When Derek ly down with Meredith at the end and he held her.
You see Addison and Mark ("McSteamy")watching them and she states that Derek and she never had "that"...their conversation turns into a challenge for each other to go through 60 days of celibacy... which isn't so poignant.

*You hear Meredith narrating at the end about "And sometimes.... you touch..."
And you see Izzy walking out the hospital; she stops and smiles and gets this look on her face. The camera swivels to show Denny's ghostly form, unseen to Izzy, who whispers her name and smiles longingly at her as she's paused in the middle of the hallway. The camera makes the full swivel to her right and she appears to shake it off and continues walking. You see Denny stop a moment more and put his head down...and he walks on, in his afterlife.

*sigh* Now *that* ladies and gentlemen... is true love right there and it SUCKS that the writers are basically being mean and teasing me. Yeah, I know they're out to get me - I've been a staunch Izzy & Denny supporter and went through a Grey's depression when he was killed off. BOO! HISS! But hey, at least they brought him back for a bit. :)

Next week is a re-run. To keep up to date with episodes you may have missed dear reader, this website link will give you the summaries for each episode so far.

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!