Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Yule 2007

Our family celebrated Yule with members of our extended family - Jenn and Beckah.

We had a non-traditional meal of yummy proportions (although I still think that the cornbread stuffing made in the low fat way was a bit dry):

Yule Dinner:

  • Relish Tray: pickles = sweet & dill, olives = black & green, devilled eggs, and beets
  • Pineapple/Honey glazed Ham - 7 lb
  • Sweet Potatoes from Schwan's Man
  • Honey Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
  • Green Beans w/bacon
  • Cornbread Stuffing
  • Cranberry Jelly
Dessert:
  • Pannetone Bread Pudding w/Butterscotch Caramel sauce
The girls were lovely enough to enjoy a peaceful and loving meal. Alli enjoyed chattering with Jenn and Beckah. Everyone loved the green beans with (surprise!) real bacon chunks mixed in.

The one splurge where no fat was spared was with the Pannetone Bread Pudding. 5 whole eggs, milk, sugar, brandy.... Have I told you I'm a master bread pudding maker? I had the recipe down back in high school for what I called my "Man Catcher" bread pudding. Simply delightful and ultimately sinful. Alas, since I have my man, I no longer need to stoop to such fattening lows...that often. ;) Topped with Butterscotch Caramel sauce.... heaven in a bowl (we had Schwans' low fat vanilla frozen yogurt as well).

I however, won't discuss the Chambord incident. Nor how tipsy I was from a bit of Rum and orange-pineapple juice from the night before. I'm such a non-lush.

We opened pressies after our late lunch/early dinner....

Here we have Jenn and Alli on the couch; I believe this was after dinner - Jenn went into an alcohol and food induced stupor.

But seriously, aren't they adorable? I happen to know one is over 18 and single....heh.


And I also have a feeling she'll seriously maim me if she ever reads that.

Anywho....




Beckah, the author, is holding a mighty scary shirt. She's already told me that I'm partly in her novel as it is.... some of me is manifested in the main character. Yikes. Jenn is supposed to be a smarty pants in her professional job, so I thought that the shirt fit. More people SHOULD be taking notes when Jenn opens her mouth. They should so bow down and worship her.

And here we have Alli opening her pressie from Beckah ~ yes, she asked if it was okay first.

Beckah got her THE cutest deck of Tarot cards! Seriously, cards are fine (but Ouija boards are out of the QUESTION; those things creep me out and I have found that they let more bad things near than good). They are adorable - check the instructional book out here.










Alli in front of the Yule tree. Like the decoration? Dave and I (well, mostly Dave, acting like Mr. Monk) made it last year for 2006. It's held up pretty well. And no. I don't know or remember why Alli was holding an empty wrapping paper tube.


All in all, Yule was fun: we ate, we drank, some of us threw up a little in our mouths from time to time, and pressies were had by all.

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!