Sunday, January 6, 2008

Good Weekend? Mine was!

We were SO FREAKING BUSY this weekend! It was INSANE!

Friday night I bit the bullet and said "Screw it!" to all the cooking implements that had no place to live in our kitchen. I enlisted Alli's help and we went through all the cabinets that had pots and pans I knew were just sitting there, unloved, and unused.

My kitchen is clean! I have places that now lovingly house new cookies sheets, new pizza pans, my new crock pot and toaster from Kathleen, and ....well, I didn't quite get to the cabinet that houses the rats' nest of tupperware, but was pleased with the results. Tupperware is a plan for next weekend, methinks.

Exhausted, I then headed upstairs and started packing for Sandstone. Alli tried to help. I know she did. But all she really did was play on our bed in the sheets and hide while I asked her every few minutes to go and get things to put in her bag - which she did - and then she'd hide back under the sheets. Silly girl. After the bags were packed, she realized it was time for bed and ran to brush her teeth.

She gets really excited when she knows we're going to visit Aunty Kathleen and Uncle Charlie - especially since Kathleen's been pregnant.

Saturday morning began bright and early with showers, getting dressed, grabbing breakfast and taking leave. We arrived at Kas's around 11am and chilled for a bit before destroying her living room.

No, really - she asked us to.
We helped her and Charlie move around their living room so they could put the changing table in there for the baby. Yes, it makes sense - their rooms are upstairs, but everything else is on the main level and really who wants to be running up and downstairs all day when you're already exhausted from being up all night?

Anyways...Dave and Charlie spent about an hour trying to figure out how to re-hook the cables up once the entertainment center had been moved. Pretty hilarious when neither man knows how it's supposed to go because it was Kathleen and I who just ripped the cables out and threw them on the couch. hee hee hee. We're evil. Diabolically so.

I cleaned their kitchen while the boys played with the TV- because that's the kind of friend I am; Kathleen's back was hurting so bad. I can't say I remember being nearly 6 months pregnant, but her body has certainly changed shape and she is still trying to do things that she used to, although her center of gravity has changed.

We went out to dinner - minus Charlie who's back hurt so badly he came home early from poker.
Kathleen, her mom Linda, Alli, Dave, and myself all had a lovely dinner at Tobie's - Dave had a 20 oz porterhouse steak. Gah! It made me glad that we don't really eat that much red meat, that he could enjoy the steak without guilt.

Sunday morning we snuck out, not wanting to wake them. Yes, we frequently sneak out when they are still asleep and let ourselves out. Hey, we have a key to their house, we're allowed. *L*

We headed over to my parents' house and Alli was deluged with pressies while my brother Alex gave us his old Nintendo 64 and talked alot about moving in with us this summer, and going to Le Cordon Bleu in Mendota Heights which is about 25 minutes from where we live.
Think he was trying to buy us off a bit? Alex even pulled out his Guitar Hero 3 and let us crank on that for a bit. I have pictures I'll post later; it was pretty funny. :)

A good weekend. And now...I'll just watch some Keith Olbermann and chill with my honey.
Make it a good week everyone!

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!