Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Wow, You're really letting your Geek flag fly with that bag..."

... so said one of my co-workers today, commenting on my "Dumbledore's Army" messenger bag. Yes, I AM that nerdy. And paired with a "Dumbledore for President" pin... well, the ensemble was complete!

Anyways... not too much new here. Alli was diagnosed with strep throat on Tuesday thanks to Urgent Care. Yay! She stayed home and bugged Dave Wednesday.... and seems to think if she's good enough, she just might get the Mario RC kart from ThinkGeek. Hm. Who possibly gave her that idea, honey? *Stares Dave down*

Ahh well...it's working as a bribe for now.

I started my Lovenox shots today (YAY!), meaning Dave and I can mambo 'til we drop and conception is a GOOD thing now. I'm taking down the baby-making ticker and replacing it with a wedding one until I have good news about a "wee bairn" to share. I have a doc appt on the 23rd for lab, to make sure the Lovenox dosage they have me on is enough, and then again on the 27th for a full check-over. THEN, on this Monday, I have my yearly fondle and scrape. *shudders* At least I don't have to turn my head and cough. Ain't NO ONE puttin' nothin' up my a$$. It has a sign that proudly hangs above stating quite clearly, "Exit Only".

My honey has ordered my laptop. YAY! Set for arrival at the end of the month. And we finally agreed on a beautiful, but not horribly expensive engagement ring. Yes. I promise to take good care of it.

And last weekend, we finally told my parents. Ahhh lovely Quarry Days weekend....
They seemed happy, showering us with congratulations. We'll see how long it takes before they try to cause issues - although they did agree that we can use their commercial kitchen for our caterers, Chefs Naturally.

It'll be all good. Right?

2 comments:

beckah said...

can i just say:

jesus bobby you make me laugh.

Suburban Witch said...

Love you, too girly! lol

Wedding

Read Me!