Sunday, May 13, 2007

Some days, I wonder

And I'm sure you do, too - why I'm marrying Dave - especially after that last post. Peeing in the sink. Sheesh!

Trust me, he really IS housebroken. You have my word on that.


My nerd is a geek of the highest order. He moved halfway across the country to be with Alli and I, knowing it would be easier for him to move to a telecommute position, than it would be for me to up and leave here and try to find work and affordable daycare in DC. He worships the ground I walk upon - most of the time - and he can be the sweetest man alive (except when he sneaks upstairs and scares the SHITE out of me while I'm doing laundry), and he loves spending time with us. He is the reason Alli will probably grow up and become a scientist after their numerous experiments they've had with dry ice, and the planting/potting that took place yesterday. He teaches her things I could never think to....

But the real reason I love him is his quirks. The way he thinks about things - his thought processes boggle my mind because his brain never seems to sleep. Seriously, he codes in his dreams! But when he is single-minded and focused just on me, or our family, it makes it all worth it. By "all" I mean: All the weekends he has worked, all the hours he has had to eat while fixing code he broke, and trying to help, but not quite knowing what to do and then making a problem bigger. Typical male, that.

Sure, he hasn't remembered to pack my lunch on a consistent basis for the last few weeks, but he's had code and the conference on his mind. He's been right grumpy lately, too while playing catch-up constantly. But when he heads to bed with me and holds me, it makes almost everything all right.

So yep. Mark the calendars.Circle the last week of October and the first week of November. We still haven't narrowed an actual date down yet. I'm hoping that will come with the ring. We've picked caterer (shout out to Josh & Janan!), still searching for a good reception and ceremony location, still need to find a dress, and figure out what the hell kind of theme we're really going for. Piece of cake, eh? Ahhh crappies. We still have to figure out the cake, too. Flowers. Other dresses. Officiant. Does the list ever end? Thank the Gods we have a little less than 18 months left to plan.

1 comment:

beckah said...

have i said mega congrats yet?!

Wedding

Read Me!