Monday, June 25, 2007

Good thing I'm getting a new lappy

While Dave and I were debating ways to load a funny video of Alli to YouTube or wait, I decided to head downstairs and let him finish his technical ways to see if he could figure it out.

I came back like half an hour later and attempted to start up my computer. Lo and behold, I got a black screen of DEATH. AAAHHHHHH!!

Of course I turned and ran right to Dave.

"Honey! Honey! My lappy won't load up! What were you doing??"

He looks at me and tells me he just shut down the programs and gave up trying to load Alli's video. He has no clue why it won't even give me the welcome log-in screen.

After a few minutes of conversation I decide to go back downstairs and watch a movie and clean. He is deep in thought.

Two hours later I come back upstairs, ready for bed and he is STILL working on my laptop. Sweet, sweet Geek.

My sweet and loving geek stayed up until 2am to turn my laptop into Frankenstein and brought it back to life. He came to bed, I was barely awake; "honey, I saved your stuff!"

"Stuff" to me means that he just saved the last 7 years of digital files, pictures of my deceased sister, Andrea, Alli's life beginning at age 2.... so many wonderful memories. My sweet and loving man.

And so I say, after he brought it back to life and now has a back up system set for me to back up my lappy to a place on the web constantly unless I turn it off, it's a darn good thing he is who he is .... AND that I'm getting a new lappy. tee hee.

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!