Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Of Medicine and Men

I get that men don't like to go in and see the doctor. I really do.

I walked in the door tonight from work to Alli yelling down the stairs, "Mommy's home! Daddy's ready to goto the doctor, Mommy!"

Oh boy.

You know it has to be bad if he's taken a shower, and is ready to walk out the door to Urgent Care right when you walk IN the door.

Dave has had a pain radiating from his neck and into the back of his head for the last 4-5 days. At one point we wondered if it was a tumor ("It's not a tumor!" became a staple of conversation), and another offered diagnosis from me was 'tension headache'.

Well by tonight he'd had enough and couldn't take the constant pain anymore.

We went to a new Urgent care for us called "NowCare". It was a nice, clean office. After a 35 minute wait Dave was seen. Alone. He figured he could handle seeing the doctor by himself, although I had my doubts. You know men - they only tell you what they want you to know. For all I know, he could have asked the doctor about having one of his balls removed and I wouldn't know!

Anyways... he came out about an hour later. Diagnosis: Tension Headache or.... Meningitis.
Yeah, those are a bit far apart in diagnosis.

Seeing as Dave hasn't been exposed to any place tropical or around a Meningitis possible person/place/thing, the doc ruled that he was having an extreme case of tension headache and gave him a 'shot in the butt' per Dave's description. Although he couldn't explain to me exactly what that shot did or the name of it... he did just show me the band aid as he was getting undressed for bed. Yes, thank you honey. I needed to see the band aid to prove you weren't talking out your ass about the shot who's name and effectiveness you can't tell me about.

So we filled his prescription for pain meds/migraine meds at Walgreens at 7 o'clock at night and didn't get out of there until after 8pm. I swear, it's like a black hole that just sucks you in to buying crap while you wait for the meds to be filled.

He also purchased a neck messager that buzzes and uses heat to help ease tense muscles. Icy Hot was also on the list. Despite Dave's claims there is a warning on there, I could not find one in regards to "Do not use Icy Hot on genitals". Hmm.

So we are home, he's been poked, heated, fed cereal, and we are going to bed. Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!