Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm a bit crabby

I started my period this morning around 10am - did I mention it was while I was at work? Thank goodness I was expecting it, pad at the ready.

All I really wanted was something cheesy and salty, followed by something drenched in chocolate. Yum.

What I got was a call from the school nurse telling me Alli had diarrhea accidents, and was running a fever. Of course I panicked.

I made it to pick her up and found out it was a major kind of couple accidents with one of them going up her back. Lovely. My poor pumpkin was lying on the bed in the 'sick room', very pale, and so small.

I called her to me and gave her a hug. We picked up her things and went out to the car. She sadly told me she had 'an accident' and looked about to cry. I looked at her and said, "It's okay. Everyone has accidents when they don't feel good." And gave her a hug.

When children are ill, you feel so helpless. The nurse did say that Influenza A was going around...we'll see what develops.

All I can say is that she had a bit more diarrhea, and then was able to produce actual.. .well. . you get it. . .. and her tummy feels better now, even if she still does have a fever of 99.9 to 100.4.

Can I get something cheesy and salty now?

2 comments:

Tink said...

Poor baby... I hope she's feeling better soon.

And btw, your Harry Potter "L'Oreal" clip to the right is cracking me up!

Suburban Witch said...

Thanks! Fever has blown over as of this afternoon. All is well. :)

hee hee hee... gotta love the ''blog bling' some people find. *G*

Wedding

Read Me!