Saturday, May 12, 2007

What have I been up to?

Dave made it to his Minneapolis-based web developers conference "CF: Objective"; at which he had such a blast it's scary. It ran the dates of May 3th-6th. Kathleen came from Sandstone to help with getting Alli off the school and picking her up from the bus. It was good to see her and I know Alli loved having Aunty Kathleen around. :)

Seriously, the first night at Sofitel (Thursday), I called him after midnight and he was half in the bag. Funny. He never drinks at home....
The second day (Friday) that I talked to him, he told me he was hanging out with a bunch of old, married web developers for the most part, and was in Nerd Heaven. (Let me take this chance to thank Jared, apparently the main organizer, at CF: Objective--- Thank you for keeping him safe and sound, and letting him hang around other nerds just as cool as you. :))

Saturday, I went shopping to a bunch of new age shops with Beckah (we missed you Jenn!) and Alli, who had a great time. Costco came first, and then the delicious Little Oven. Yum! Stonehenge, Eye of Horus, and Evenstar were quite nice little shops. We are planning an extended treasure hunt in June/July for additional shops...

Work is work is work. I seem to be inundated lately with requests that are time consuming and quite repetitive. I am still waiting to hear about one of the other positions I applied for. It would have been nice to know by this Friday like the supervisor has promised, but for the grace of the Gods go I... sigh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This weekend I am experimenting with food. Friday night Jenn and Beckah came over (Alli was a terror while Jenn attempted to teach her the names of the strings. Oy.

I attempted to make red rice with chicken - arroz con pollo. Most of it came out good, but the rice on the very bottom was a bit crunchy. I suppose as long as everyone lived past the rice and chicken, it's all good. A really yummy fruit salad was our dessert...

And then... they went home and I passed out.

Alli and I were going to Sandstone but I just didn't feel like driving an hour and a half. Tired, crabby, crampy...yuck. Ladies, we've all been there I'm sure. No one wants to move when they feel like every motion could cause a flood in your lower region. *cringes*

Saturday we hit Target though and finally picked up some more potting soil and pots to plant various seedlings Alli has brought home from school.

As a family we tilled the soil in the pots, re-potted Alli's tree she received from school for Arbor Day, planted some sweet pea seeds, and some other things. Dave really got into it and is now putting out terrarium style bags with tomato seeds and chili seeds in them in hope they will sprout for us to plant.

This is why we need a place with land. Our balcony can only cut it for so long with plastic pots and window planters. We do have green thumbs and would like to plant and nurture things to watch them grow. No matter how entrenched in technology that he and I may seem to be, we do have that nurturing spirit we would like to pass onto our children. One thing is certain; we will be having our own garden wherever we may buy a house. I will demand it. :)

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!