Monday, May 28, 2007

Wedding/Handfasting Update

As some of you who read my blog know, I have found the place that I think we should unite. It's a nice little lodge/house situated off the Audubon Preservation Center between Sandstone and Hinckley, MN.

Good ol' Schwyzer Lodge.

To quote:

"Schwyzer Lodge

The historic Schwyzer Lodge is available for rental for your seasonal family fun. Situated on the shores of Grindstone Lake, this beautiful, charming lodge is an ideal property for a quiet getaway for family and friends. The Lodge has four bedrooms and can sleep up to 14 people. A fully equipped kitchen, fireplace in the living room, three bathrooms and a large screened porch facing the lake make up some of the amenities of this secluded retreat. Plus, you have access to over 530 acres of Wildlife Sanctuary."


I don't know...I just saw it online, and it felt right. I can't wait to see it in person this coming weekend.

Yep. Dave is even going to take some time off this weekend to go and see it with us. Of course I've asked Kathleen and Charlie to come along too - Kathleen is one of the attendants to call quarters for us.

I also asked Beckah if she would so honor us to call quarter; I would love to have my brother Alex call a third quarter, but well...we'll see if our parents will allow him. That leaves a fourth quarter personless. Hm.

Josh, my buddy from work who has a partner with him in a catering business, suggested that he, his girlfriend, Janan his partner, myself and Dave all sit down to dinner and hammer out some details for the cuisine. Dave and I are thinking hearty, down to earth food - lamb stew, veggie stew, artesian breads & cheeses,and possibly a roast for the main meal with the typical vegetable accoutrement, followed by....cake.

Now, the cake has been interesting. When Beckah came over to visit Friday night, Dave and I finally hammered out what we *think* we want. Waning, Full, and waxing moons. The two half moons will be two layer chocolate cake with strawberry filling? Maybe? While the full moon we'd like to be three layers: top layer vanilla, followed by pumpkin butter filling, then spice cake layer, more pumpkin butter, and another layer of vanilla cake. Butter cream frosting as an allover? Yum.

The groom's cake will be shaped like a jack o'lantern and we'd discussed it being carrot cake (without raisins) and cream cheese frosting. Mmmmmmmm....

We shall see. There's just an incredible amount of work to yet go into this. I don't think the planning will seem real until we start paying for things... when money disappears out of your pocket, then things become MUCH more real.

I still haven't had much luck with the gown portion, or what the attendants will wear. I'm not too concerned at the moment. Kathleen might be pregnant or just have had a little one by November 2008 (Gods willing!). I might be in the same boat myself (also, Gods willing!) and would rather wait a bit to see what is going on closer to the wedding.

Mind you, when I was prego with Alli, I didn't gain a pound of fat. But when she was born, I lost 20 in water weight I didn't know I had!

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!