Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hot Fuzz and other tales

Dave and I have 4 bathrooms.

One on the main level, two upstairs, and one in the family room in the basement. Remember this. It comes in handy later.

Last night, in anticipation of Mother's Day and me kinda bugging him for a 'date night' movie, he was able to find "Hot Fuzz".

First off, if you liked "Shaun of the Dead" (based off American zombie films), you'll love "Hot Fuzz" (based off American cop-buddy movies like "Bad Boys") - same quirky, slapstick Brit humor that caricatures American movies perfectly. We loved it - two thumbs up!

Around 2am, we've finished "Hot Fuzz" and are onto "The Prestige" (which I have to tell you, I thought it was pretty stupid - seriously, magicians.... excuse me, ILLUSIONISTS, out for revenge against one another, and it turns out at the end Illusionist A actually has a twin that you've never heard tell of the entire movie and that's how he does impossible tricks).

Well, I really have to pee and I head to the bathroom and tell Dave to keep the movie rolling because I know what's going to happen - the wife is going to drown during a water chamber escape sequence (which sets up the vengeance scenario). He stops the movie anyways and says he has to pee so bad, I'd better hurry up.

I tell him, "Go on! We've got 3 other bathrooms and a sink in this one!"

He comes back with "Don't you dare me...."

Keep in mind, we are both tired, a bit cocky, and I'm a tad cranky right now with my period and all... "I dare you to pee in the sink!" flies out of my mouth.

I laugh nervously and he looks at me, and proceeds to cross to the sink and pee in it.

I don't think I've been so shocked at him about anything as I was last night. Seriously, who pees in a sink???? Walk the 50 feet upstairs to the other bathroom and go!!

Ugh. I made him clean up his mess - yes, the area has been sanitized.
And then I told him I would have to blog about it.

Never dare your mate after midnight to do anything. They just might follow through. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Wedding

Read Me!