Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gettin' Back on the Horse

Well, really, more like getting back to planning the Handfasting/Wedding.

Dave and I have finally picked our colors - and they are based on this Godiva Chocolate tin that he gave to me for Yule. Frankly, I feel like a flake for saying that, but it's the truth. *L* I fell in love with the colors, and Dave has disavowed any real say in the color scheme, linens, flowers, etc. Believe me, I've tried to make him interested, but he at least realizes he's out of his element as the type of man he is.

I emailed my buddy who'll be catering the handfasting to see if we could get a jump with the new year on wedding details. We need to sit and plan the menu out, and then have a tasting meeting, and move along from there with payment, etc.

We really need to make an appointment with Midway Party Rental to spend a few hours with them and Dave. He may not care about colors and textures, but our pocket book will - and he DOES have say with that. ;)

I now have to find a new dress, too. The silver one I ordered and now have hanging in our closet won't match anything - the tin has copper, gold, yellow, green, and some doe brown hues. Really quite pretty. Dave doesn't have to worry - he has already picked out his clothes and he can get them in either soot black or doe brown. Easy choice.

And so.... we're picking up again and moving forward. I still need to reschedule with our choice of officiant. Gods, I hope she doesn't say no. We had to cancel the first time because of Kathleen's dad's accidental death and we just haven't gotten around to rescheduling again. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melly Melly Melusine!!! ;)

tis Catcii *GBH*, stumbled upon your blog, happy to see things are going so well for you. :)

ps: still at hotmail, drop me a mail sometime

Wedding

Read Me!