Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend of Joy and Pain

Friday night, Beckah came over to hang out and make deeeeelicious pizza burgers. Definitely a keeper of a recipe! We proceeded to gossip until our eyelids grew heavy and we gave up the fight with the Sandman (around 11:30pm). I know. We're sad and pathetic.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early, packed up Alli and our wonderful Candy Land treats that Miss Beckah has been so sweet to pick up when she drives through St. Paul. Their all-nut bridge mix is my biggest downfall...so far. And they have these cool, sweet-tart like blocks that look like Legos(!!) of all things and get this: they actually DO lock together. A little frosting between the blocks and viola! One awesome, edible decoration. Hmmmm...something to think about.

Anyways, we headed out to Hinckley to meet Charlie and Kathleen to see Pirates 3.
If you get the chance. SEE IT. It's cute - even though it made me cry. SERIOUSLY. And please, WAIT until after all the credits to see what happens "TEN YEARS LATER...". It was bittersweet. But I have to say, because of the last shot of Orlando Bloom, I now think he's kinda cute...of course not as cute as my Dave...but really, it's not like there's any comparison there. ;)

After the movie, having stuffed ourselves with popcorn and candy, we decided to head back to Kathleen & Charlie's house and begin the garden. Oh boy. Muscles I didn't know I had ache! I'm either waddling like a duck or walking like a zombie to compensate for the shooting pain into my legs and behind my thighs. Apparently I need to do more hard labor; walking on the treadmill doesn't make me feel like this!

We of course ended up making the obligatory Wallyworld run around 9pm Saturday and spent far too much time in there looking for things that Alli needs for her summer daycare. Waterproof bag, reusable lunch box - preferred insulated, the cooler blocks, towels for days they spend at the pool....

The next morning was Sunday. We were scheduled to meet with Sue, one of the owners of the Country Garden Retreat at 11:30am.

Kathleen, Alli, and I made it to the location by 11:27am. And waited. And waited some more.
I ended up calling Dave after 10 minutes of sitting there and wandering outside in the beautiful porch/deck areas around the house to get the phone number. Then I called.

Ring Ring....

Voice: Thank you for calling the Dakota Lodge. How may I help you?

Me: Hi, is Sue available?

Sue: This is Sue.

Me: Hi Sue! This is Witchy Andrews....
Sue: Hi Witchy.... OH CRAP! I'm SO SORRY! You're there at the house! OHMYGOD! I'll be there in 10 minutes!

And then she hung up the phone. Kas and I laughed so hard. This poor woman, who had to 'ave been so busy this weekend because of the MS Bikethon was so harried and just stretched so thin.

Never fear dear reader: Sue was a wonderful guide and apologized profusely while we toured the inside of the house. So many bedrooms and other rooms... incredible lighting and deck space. Just a beautiful, wonderful house. I gave her $500 for the deposit, even though they only ask for $250 - just so we can start paying down on the nearly $2k location fee. But it's SO totally WORTH it.






I have to say, we were cracking up. Alli kept going around and sniffing the closets.
When we had visited Schwyzer Lodge at the Audubon Center, she had talked about how they had "stinky closets" and asked if this place had more stinky closets -- to which we responded "no"...but she kept opening doors and sniffing inside them! She was proud to report to Sue that they had "no stinky closets!"

So we are officially getting hitched as of November 1st, 2008. Rehearsal dinner and Halloween Party will be held the night before on Friday October 31st. Convenient, huh? Party and candy one night, party, candy, and cake with alcohol the next night.... we've got it all planned. And what with 20 beds available at the retreat, anyone too drunk will still be hoofing it back to their own hotel room, but the other, more responsible members of the party and friends may stay at the retreat. Yes, that's me sticking my nose up in the air. I'm going to be hoity toity when I think of the possibilities of people puking on the carpet. *L*

I have a ton more pictures of the inside of the house, but it's mostly bedrooms and bathrooms - pretty much to show Dave how many bathrooms their are, and how I checked the toilets to make sure they were clean. (And yes you can DRINK this water. Neat trick, huh? No, no, no! You purposely misunderstood me... I didn't mean you could drink the toilet water. Just the tap water, in general. And it doesn't smell! Yay!)

I am now going to bed. Forsooth I am tired. No, I have no idea where that word came from. Leave me alone. I'm going to bed. :p

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!