Saturday, October 6, 2007

And then my leg went numb...

Yeah, I know. What a way to grab attention.

Seriously though, I'm fine now. Last Thursday night I wasn't so certain when my left leg (the leg that has the clot in it) went numb and all tingly for a few hours. I wasn't panicked, but I was concerned and knew it was either a nerve that was compressed for some odd reason, or it was an unhappy thing concerning the existing clot.

Friday afternoon I left work for an emergency ultrasound at Fairview Southdale. Then was sent home to await further instructions.

Good news: From the ultrasound, they could determine that the clot hadn't changed - no bigger, no smaller, it's all good.

Better news: The tingly feeling with the previous numbness had to be due to a nerve. Which has happened before.... you know, like when you sit on the toilet too long, and then one of your legs goes numb.... okay, maybe I'm the only one that's happened to. uhhhh....

I see Dr. Weinshel on Monday again. Consultation to discuss moving forward. What he thinks I should be doing from here on out, whether it's ultrasounds once a month or if he thinks I should go back on the Coumadin. Cross your fingers and toes that he'll let me remain on the Lovenox. At least for right now.

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!