Sunday, April 22, 2007

Muffins the Size of a Small Child's Head

My birthday is the 6th. Alli's birthday was Wednesday the 18th; Kathleen's on the 19th, and Kathleen & Charlie's anniversary on the 21st. Oy!

On Wednesday I took a half day off from work to take muffins into Alli's classroom to celebrate her birthday.

They honestly didn't look as big online as they are in reality.
Believe me. I was so frackin' nervous about taking in muffins to 22 kindergartners that I'd never even see, let alone met. I knew cupcakes were expected...or cookies.

To prevent problems I emailed the teacher who said muffins sounded like a wonderful idea. I still couldn't shake the feeling that the muffins might cause a birthday muffin mutiny that would go down in history. It was possible. These kids were capable of anything, in my mind.

Luckily, the kids were WOWed, simply because of the size of the muffins, it was all a success.

Remember when you were little? It was the sheer SIZE of something that got your attention, right? Yeah, well these muffins did the trick. Eighteen chocolate chip, eighteen lemon poppyseed (no, I didn't mention drug testing jokes), and eighteen blueberry. Of course, the chocolate chip went first, and when all was said and done, I only ended up taking 12 muffins home.

Alli had a great time handing them out to her peers though, and their rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" shows how old I am. They've totally messed with the classic "you look like a monkey, and you smell like one, too" ending.

Happy Birthday to you
Cha Cha Cha
Happy Birthday to you
Cha Cha Cha
Happy Birthday dear Alli
Cha Cha Cha
Happy Birthday to you
HI YA KUNG FU,
WE LOVE YOU PIKACHU!


Yikes.

And of course, when she came home she opened her now much loved Legos Princess Belville stables set, her Littlest Pet Shop monkey 'tomagotchi', and other presents.

On Thursday, April 19th was Kathleen's 28th birthday. We decided to have a joint birthday party on Saturday the 21st, like our tradition has become where her family comes over to her house and we all have dinner and yummy, yummy ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Who can resist?
I had the ABSOLUTE best Wild Rice soup- EVER that Kathleen made along with some wonderfully fragrant bread. Fresh. NICE.

More Littlest Pet Shop gifts later, and a trip to Wal-Mart (don't say it, PLEASE don't say it lol), we went over to visit my folks on Sunday.

I know I mentioned this before, but I am helping my parents set up their e-commerce site online through Sam's Club for their "Mama's Salsa". Truly awesome salsa. No, I'm not linking to it...yet. It's not even halfway done. Dave is assisting in some key elements - like my lack of knowledge with Corel Paint X and PhotoShop in general. So on Sunday we took some good pictures to play with. Got some real cute ones of my younger brother, Alex, eating chips and salsa with Alli as the "Quality Control" picture.








Cute little buggers, huh? My brother Alex and my daughter Alli are the 'beautiful people' in the family. So why not use them. And so now, after another eventful weekend, I try to gather resources and put their salsa website together. Wish me luck... and Dave luck for not killing me as I interrupt him every 15 minutes. hee hee hee. ;)

No comments:

Wedding

Read Me!